AVENGERS in Dentistry: Together Let's Save Teeth
09:00 PM - 10:00 PM UTC +08:00
Always, it should be the goal of all dentists to be the guardians of teeth in the universe. As periodontists, we preserve the supporting structures of teeth, namely, periodontal ligaments, cementum and bone. When periodontically compromised patients come to us, we should perform proper examination, formulate sound diagnosis and work out different treatment plan options that includes all the pros and cons of the treatment recommendations. Thus, patients can make a sound judgement based on facts and reality of their cases. It has been so alarming with the advent of dental implants that many teeth are extracted just to replace them with these foreign structures in the mouth, not minding the fact that peri-implantitis do exist. And peri-implantitis do exist with a vengeance. This presentation will show that with well-designed dental treatment plan, through interdisciplinary dentistry in mind, you avoid unnecessary extractions and prevent untoward treatment outcomes. Let us all unite in reaching a common goal of keeping teeth as long as we can and provide maintenance for long term positive outcomes. Let us all be heroes in our own little way for the love of teeth.
1) To avoid unnecessary extractions of teeth
2) To learn different periodontal techniques performed together with the different specialties in dentistry such as prosthodontics, endodontics, orthodontics to save teeth
3) To learn existence of peri-implantitis and how it can affect the overall health of the oral cavity
4) To learn how to treatment plan properly
5) To learn about documentation is paramount to real life learning experiences in each dental office