Smile Design in Every Day Dentistry
09:00 PM - 10:00 PM UTC +08:00
Founded by Christian Coachman, the Digital Smile Design is a technical tool used in everyday dentistry with the purpose to design and modify the smile of patients digitally. The Digital Smile Design aids patients through visualizing the product beforehand by creating and presenting a digital mockup of their new smile design in advance. It assists in visual communication and allows patients to get involved in their own smile design process, thus ensuring predictable treatment outcomes and increasing case acceptance.
There is a common misconception that the Smile Design is only applied in esthetic dentistry. However, this is not the case, the Smile Design can be applied to everyday dentistry. The principle enhances treatment outcomes and escalates the patient's satisfaction.
In this session, Dr Tse will discuss the application of the Smile Design principle in daily practice.
1. the Smile Design principle
2. the basic principle of dental photography
3. The principle of Digital Smile Design
4. Combination of the DSD with clear aligner therapy
5. Application of DSD in multi-disciplinary dentistry and team communication